the architecture lodge of the Stephanskirche of Vienna, Puchspaum, Spenyng, Pilgram
The earliest part of the parish church of Vienna, dedicated to protomartyr St Stephen, was its western facade built in the second quarter of the 13th century. The choir was built between 1304 and 1340, then they started to rebuild the western part of the building from 1359, when Prince Rudolph IV placed a chapter of canons into the church. Around 1400 the constructions were directed by "meister Wenczla", presumably from Prague, but the lower floors of the southern tower, completed in 1396, had to be pulled down in 1407 by Peter Prachatitz, his successor from 1404. Because of this the southern tower was completed only in 1433. The workshop was directed by Hans Puchspaum probably between 1439 and 1454. The nave and aisles were finished and vaulted during this period, and also a new western gallery was built. In 1444 the plans for the northern tower were made, but the foundations were laid only in 1450. After another break, the construction was resumed in 1467 by Laurenz Spenyng, Puchspaum's successor. The church then became a bishopric cathedral. The building of the tower ceased in 1511. Anton Pilgram completed the organ-loft in 1513 and the pulpit in 1515.
An architect (†1454). He was trained in the lodge of the Münster of Ulm from 1418. Between 1434-1437 he made the Puchheimbaldachin in the Viennese Stephanskirche. He probably became the leader of the lodge of Stephanskirche in 1439, but written sources mention him only in 1446. He finished and vaulted the nave and aisles of the church, completed by 1459, where he used three dimensionally curving ribs. In 1443 the building of the parish church of Steyr was began under his direction.
The architect of the Viennese Stephanskirche from 1454. He started to build the northern tower on the foundations laid by his predecessor Hans Puchspaum.
(Brünn/Brno, ca. 1460 - ca. 1515) An architect and sculptor. In 1487 he made the tabernacle of the St Kilian church in Heilbronn. In 1495 he worked on the St James church and the town hall in Brno, then in 1511 he carved the gates for the town hall. In 1513 he finished the organ-loft of the Viennese Stephanskirche; in 1515, the pulpit. Besides Benedict Ried he was a master of three dimensionally curved ribs composed on a curving ground plan.